A ATTITUDE- Have a positive " I CAN " attitude
R RESPECT- Respect yourself, others, and materials
T TRY - Try your best and THINK Art Smart!
I IMAGINE & create unique Art
S STAY seated, raise your hand and wait patiently
T TALK quietly & stay on TASK!
S SAFETY rules should always be followed
As in every other class, students are expected to come to Art class prepared and ready to work. They are to follow the Middle School Code of Conduct, follow all classroom directions, and meet all specific class requirements. Students who are absent from school will be given opportunities to come to the Art room to make up work they have missed.
The 5 C's Student artwork will be graded based on four criteria as follows:
1. Creativity: Expressing creativity by exploring options and taking risks in artwork. Be inventive.
2. Criteria: Project requirements, meeting objectives/SOL goals, following directions.
3. Craftsmanship: Exhibiting good craftsmanship by focusing attention on details and overall care in creating work. Using materials in an appropriate manner.
4. Composition: Filling space of artwork with artistic consideration. Create a visual focal point.
5. Communication/Challenge: Visually communicating an idea/story & creating written artist statements. Preparation/Effort.
The art room is a studio space where students have access to a variety of materials that they can choose to explore. Students are expected to help with studio maintenance , be respectful of materials and the space.